Thursday, September 8, 2016

It's been a decade long.

Just not long ago, I have finally achieved something that I have always wanted for the last decade, but wasn't able to.
This year, I put in efforts into training, specifically my running, in order to create that possibility.
And that is, my Individual Physical Proficiency Test (IPPT)!

I didn't feel that I was ready to achieve a Gold standard, be it my push-ups, sit-ups or running.
But because I was in camp for reservist, I thought I would just clock a Silver first.

As it turns out, I was in quite a good form that day!
And here is my results:

And it's a... GOLD!
I was rather surprised about my results for push-ups and sit-ups.
And that gave me some hope of achieving a Gold.
That's what motivated me to push even harder for 2.4km run, landing me the best timing I have for the past decade.

As a quote from a well-liked Japanese anime/manga called "History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi", or “史上最强弟子兼一”

“The only thing that won't betray you, is your training"

I shall continue to strive on in my physical well-being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment