Thursday, March 19, 2020

Day #1039 - Self-Belief


I have decided to post quotes that are relevant to the things I am reading in the "Be The Lion" book.
This way, I don't have to think of what type of quotes to post for the day. =)

Today's read was about self-belief.
This quote reminded me of the conversation between my pilot course instructor.
The entire course went out with a few instructors for the night and had a few drinks.
By that time, I had already failed my pilot course and was just waiting for the flight home with the rest of the course.
One of the instructors was talking to me about what I was going to study in university.
I said psychology, because I was interested in understanding humans.
His reply was that I will fail at psychology, mainly because he felt that I was a very quiet individual, and he thought a psychologist needed to be anti-quiet.

I could understand why he would think as such.
I wasn't very interested in talking to my coursemates nor the instructors.
But still, getting an evaluation from a much older individual that you will fail at something left a pretty bad taste in me.
I kept quiet at that time, but I didn't waver in my choice.
His opinion doesn't matter.
My belief in myself remains the most important driver and pivoting point for my decisions.

And as it turns out, it was the right choice. =)

Goals of the Day:
  • Strong focus at work
    • Achieved
  • Iron
    • Achieved
  • Plan for the weekend
    • Not Achieved
Planning takes committed time, which I used to do maths questions and then spend time watching a baby documentary with Dearest. 
I would need to put down some time for planning.

Things I'm Grateful for Today:
  • Bun sleeping well in school
  • Dearest being able to have a fun interaction with Bun before bathtime and night time
  • Being able to have a strong self-belief system



No comments:

Post a Comment