Sunday, July 3, 2016

an interesting place to meditate

I have been trying to do meditation on a daily basis (around 10 min) for the past few weeks. Sometimes I feel too tired to do so, or too sick to even maintain a calm state (have been sick for 3 times for the past 2 months).

Today after my morning exercise at the stadium, I was resting on the concrete steps when I suddenly thought it was a good idea to just sit there and enjoy the breeze while doing meditation. And so I did.

It was quite an enjoyable experience for me. The calmness after my exercise, the chirping of the birds, the random sound of people running and walking.. there weren't a lot of people at that time, so there was just sounds instead of chatter that might distract me. The occasional breeze was gentle and cooling. It felt really good! After 10 minutes of sitting there focusing on my breaths and the sound, I felt completely refreshed from the experience! This could turn into a habit. haha..

I'm not entirely sure meditation brings about a general positiveness to my life yet, but at least it gives me a sense of calmness for that 10 minutes that I'm alone in my world of thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment