Thursday, May 18, 2017

First Pile of Investments

Previously I tried buying shares using iOCBC Securities to see how things are like.

And today, I have finally made my first substantial transaction! (actually two).

Based on the advice from an eBook written by a renowned forumer on HWZ, I went to set up a Security Trading Account with Standard Chartered Bank because it's suppose to have the lowest fees for transaction above $1000.
Through this account, I invested in the counter ES3 - STI ETF (for regular investment) and CC3 - Starhub (just because I felt the price was low).

It took me a rather long time before I decided to take the plunge.
I have been monitoring the prices, and the price for ES3 seems rather high at the moment.
I felt like I would be at a disadvantage by going in now.
But the Dollar-Cost Averaging (DCA) advocates for a regular investment, no matter the price.
So, I just did it.

Another step towards my financial goal~!

No comments:

Post a Comment