Friday, September 7, 2018

Day #479 - Just Play


It's my company's sports day today!
Unlike previous years, I didn't take part in any of the activities; only joined my badminton group for a 2-hour session.
It's the last working day before my Poland trip. Whee~!

Goals of the Day:
  • Have a good badminton session
    • Achieved
  • Go shopping for clothes for the upcoming trip with Dearest
    • Achieved
  • Plan for Zakopane
    • Achieved
  • Book tickets for London
    • Not Achieved
Booking flight is always something that scares me a little.
Probably because of the amount of money and commitment involved in making a booking, I tend to always put off buying them a bit, just to give myself a bit more time, in case something came up that I haven't thought of previously to invalidate my entire itinerary.
But I do recognize and acknowledge that this is a cognitive bias, and that I should be confident of my choices and my thought process.

Today's Small Wins:
  • Good workout at badminton
  • Nice evening with Dearest over dinner and clothes shopping
  • Did some transport planning for Zakopane and successfully booked the tickets for the cable car up to a mountain peak (which a lot of people recommended because of the fear of long queue)
Today's Small Losses:
  • Have not booked my tickets for London yet
  • Didn't meditate
  • Didn't sleep on time
Things I'm Grateful for Today:
  • Dearest was tired, but she still made the effort to give me a massage at the end of the day, and she added the extra element of a heated pad to soothe my tired muscles >_<
  • To be in a bunch of colleagues with whom I could interact well with (because there are some colleagues I know who don't seem to belong)

No comments:

Post a Comment