Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Day #234 - I Accept My Failure


I failed.
But I tried.
And it's okay.
I have to remind myself about this.

Goals of the Day:
  • Give a clear update on current status of work today to project lead
    • Achieved
  • Get off work on time to inspect cement screeding works at new house
    • Not Achieved (have arranged electrical works discussion tomorrow on site, so Dearest advise me to go tomorrow instead)
  • Complete 1 day of diary update with Dearest
    • Not Achieved 
Back at home, I was feeling mentally drained from being stressed about work for the past 2 days.
It was a long work discussion during the update too, and I was mostly confused and having doubts and confusion on what my team members are talking about, and what is the right way forward. 
Therefore I took a mental break from all those back at home, and focused on talking to parents on wedding stuff; since we were all in the living room watching tv. haha..

Today's Small Wins:
  • Not an ideal progress, but still some headway into work task
  • Confirmed the wedding dinner menu preference from my parents
  • De-conflict the dress's colours for both mums
Today's Small Losses:
  • Appearing not proficient in my work scope
    • Start to be more proficient in my work by carefully examining and thinking things through, and look into things that I am not familiar with instead of depending on others' experties
  • Didn't practise good habits (woke up and slept late, didn't meditate)
    • Tomorrow, I will sleep on time at 11pm and meditate for 10min. Waking up is still a bit hard given that I slept late.
  • Didn't Goal #3
    • Finish Goal #3 tomorrow
I suppose I should reflect on what I can do to manage my small losses.
And so, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment